We are now taking applications for the right candidate to join The Olympia Theatre's team in a senior management position as General Manager Designate.
Salary Remuneration: Commensurate to experience
Description and Duties
The General Manager Designate will work in conjunction with existing General Manager and fully participate in agreed period of handover of all responsibilities from GM to GM Designate. Once GM retires from their position, GM Designate assumes full GM position, title and responsibilities as per below.
To plan, co-ordinate, influence and lead the business development activity to achieve targets and expected standards of customer service.
Manage, motivate and develop direct reports on a day to day basis to ensure clarity of direction and business priorities are being achieved.
- Manage and motivate direct reports to ensure clarity of direction and priorities and the achievement of continuous improvement in customer service and sales standards.
- Ensure the theatre has the number and quality of people it needs and has the facilities and other resources needed to meet its objectives and that these resources are effectively controlled, targeted, trained and developed within the Company guidelines.
- Responsible for the preparation, forecasting and day to day management of profits.
- Identify, develop and deliver profit-enhancing projects and produce the necessary business plans to justify these.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and sign-off of all administrative and financial returns for the venue.
- Ensure effective marketing programmes are in place across the theatres to maximise show sales, and review progress on a regular basis.
- To fully support Customer Service initiatives across all business areas in the venue.
- Ensure the Company’s Health & Safety policy is adhered to across the area, and recommend improvements to the policy as appropriate within budget constraints and liaison with the Senior Management, including regular maintenance inspections of the venues.
- Ensure all operational and licensing regulations are met for the venues.
- Build and enhance regular contact with all relevant Local Authority personnel in accordance with the management contract.
- Build and enhance the profile of the venue in the local community including business and general public networks.
- Maintain regular contact with producers/promoters to support Venue Bookings in identifying and actioning product and sales opportunities.
- Work closely with Venue Bookings to achieve quality programming to meet local and business requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent communications and relationships are maintained with visiting artists and companies, holding regular review meetings in the venues.
- When required, carry out duty management of shows.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as allocated by senior management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working in venue management.
- Skills in leading and developing people and in managing their performance.
- Proven skills in communication, problem-solving, planning and organising, negotiation and budget management essential.
- Ability to manage and develop internal and external relationships at a senior level.
- Good IT skills, inc the use of Word and Excel.
- Experience of managing a large diverse operation.
- Holder of an appropriate management qualification.
You can find the position on LinkedIn here.
The Olympia Theatre, 72 Dame Street, Dublin 2, Ireland