Experienced candidates required to fulfil a number of Front of House part time positions in The Olympia Theatre. Roles include working in bar, shop, usher, cloakroom & customer care areas. Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of why you feel you would be a great addition to The Olympia Theatre team.
Salary Remuneration: €10 per hour
Closing Date: 29th June 2018
Description and Duties
We're looking for efficient and friendly part time staff to take on the following Key Responsibilities:
Front of House:
- Ensure that all patrons have a positive experience at the Theatre
- Maintain a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, while showing patrons to their seats
- Deal with any queries and issues, referring them to the Duty Manager as appropriate
- Oversee audience flow throughout the Front of House Area
- Prepare floats and stock for the sale of show programmes and ice cream; count and record moneys taken.
Bar & shop:
- Work behind the bar, selling drinks and snacks, and preparing interval orders in a timely & courteous manner
- Restock the bars, shops and stores
- Responsible cash handling
- Maintain other hygiene and Food Safety requirements as directed by Management
- Undertake other regular bar & shop cleaning as directed
- Complete stock takes of bar & shop stock and cleaning materials as directed
- When required, assist with the cloakroom duties at some events
- Partake in manual handling, fire safety, and customer care training as required
We are looking for Theatre Staff with the following qualities:
- Experience working in hospitality, preferably bar, theatre, or music venue
- Proven understanding of a high standard of customer care
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic & friendly
- Hard working
- Speaks fluent English
- Experience with cash handling
Please note, this is a casual part time position. Due to the nature of the theatre, hours can vary depending on performances, and will include weekdays and weekends evenings, and some matinees. Standard call is approximately 4 hours.
The Olympia Theatre, 72 Dame Street, Dublin 2.